Sooooooooooooo, how do you stay productive within your job search? Don’t get left out in the cold…
- Reconnect with friends and colleagues… SEASONS GREETINGS and update them on your progress…
- Network with employed people: Get in the habit of this vital activity. Chapter meetings of your Professional Groups, trade shows. office parties, etc… networking is a contact sport!
- TAKE TIME to practice your verbal collaterals…
- MAKE TIME to learn new skills and productive activity: MSWord ‘Quick Parts,’ LinkedIn functionalities, etc
- Go shopping and spend time with family and friends…
- DE-STRESS regularly: EXERCISE! Walk your dog a mile a day, whether you have a dog or not!
- Dust off that bike you haven’t ridden in years, lubricate the gears… and take a ride!
- Write a white paper or two! Participate in LinkedIn Discussion Groups…
- Get into the habit of reaching out to second level contacts in LinkedIn and converting them to your FIRST Line.
- Host a coffee hour or HAPPY HOUR with neighbors… Enjoy this festive, GIVING time of the year!
AND NEXT YEAR? PLAN Ahead, mark your calendar:
Tuesday, January 6th… Bob is presenting at Dennis O’Hagen’s Group in Plano, St. Andrew’s Church
Thursday, January 8th… Closing The Deal II: Interview TACTICS, including POST-Offer negotiation
Thursday, January 15th… a TWO-FER: Let’s make this a FIELD TRIP… Bob is presenting first, at The Southlake Group… followed by the HEALTHCARE Networking Group in Grapevine.
Thursday, January 22nd… Embracing The OTHER Job Market: Overview of 12 Step Process and basic philosophies
Thursday, January 29th… Achieving CareerFIT: Assessment and building your communication strategy